Friday, May 22, 2015

The Royal Protector

Something I wrote...


Early night, a light rain on the rooftops
The bodies of the sick, burning down the street
Death is here, in the forms of rats and weepers
Their cries can be heard echoing off the cobble walls
The guards make conversation next to their machines of light
And the Tallboys, in their mechanical terror, wander the streets with weapons of fire
All thats left since the empress’ assassination… corruption 

As I make make my way across the thoroughfare hidden in shadow
slaying a guard in my path I make my way to the balcony
taking over the mind of the Overseer I have access to his chambers
leaving his body and killing him then surprised my target
i slit his throat before he could finish his cry for mercy but it attracted too much attention
i summon death and calmly leave as they scream in agony, I have now what I need

to find my daughter, the heir to the throne… I'm coming Emily.

Inspired by Dishonored

No comments:

Post a Comment